Ceremony and reception decorations. Nowhere on this great wide internet have I found a comprehensive list of these things. Why is that?! I’m going to try and change this – with my wedding in mind (i.e. no church, or aisle runners will be had).
- Backdrop – we’re getting married in a garden with some great structural entities already, so we are looking for a way to soften this with a backdrop of hanging flowers (see above for inspiration)
- Aisle – I think aisle runners are hideous, but we’ll need to create this somehow and will probably do so with chairs
- Flowers – bridal bouquet, boutonnieres, bridesmaid bouquets and perhaps something where we’re actually getting married!
- Tablecloths – for dinner tables, dessert table, card/gift table, bar, buffet and high top. I highly recommend getting these from Linen Tablecloths vs. renting
- Table runners – for the rectangle shaped tables, such as dessert and card/gift. These are still TBD but a great way to add color or texture
- Napkins – with a great fold!
- Centerpieces – table number, flowers and custom prohibition inspired bottles we’re making
- Decorations for dessert table, card/gift table and bar – including flowers, card box
- Menus – who wouldn’t want an opportunity to advertise that we’re having a taco bar!?
- Signage – for seating arrangements, for bar, for dessert table and for card/gift table, possibly outside to “mark the spot” for the ceremony. A sign might also replace menus and will indicate food allergies across the board (our wedding is going to be allergy friendly though!)
- “Mini” centerpieces for high top tables
- Cake topper – TBD given that we’re going the cupcake route, but something to think about
- Cupcake stands and platters
Other items that I won’t have but I have seen as popular decorations include:
- Photo booth
- Spare garter and bouquet to toss
- Chair covers/bows/Mr. & Mrs. signage
- Wedding favors
- Toasting flutes
- Fancy forks and serving utensils for the cake
- Draping for ceiling
- Crafts/activities for kids
- Pew decorations
- Aisle runners
- Framed photographs of family weddings
- Lighting – I will have lighting, but it’s something my venue provides and not for me to worry about!
- Utensils, glassware, dinnerware – something my caterer is handling